Orientation week, or “O-Week” as it is commonly known, is a time for first-year students to transition into university life. It’s a week filled with activities, events, and opportunities to meet new people. As a first-year student, you don’t want to miss out on this exciting time!
- Attend orientation events: O-Week is filled with a variety of events designed to help you settle in, meet new people, and learn about university life (including BCSS x MMSS Pub Golf & BCSS Business Camp) . Some of the events you might attend include campus tours, clubs and societies fairs, and welcome parties.
- Join clubs and societies: Joining clubs and societies (becoming a member of BCSS) is a great way to meet new people who share your interests. You can sign up for clubs and societies during the clubs fair at O-Week.
- Take advantage of free food and giveaways: During O-Week, there will be a lot of free food and giveaways (like Redbull & merchandise with the BCSS membership), so take advantage of these opportunities to save some money and sample different foods.
- Meet your classmates: Take advantage of O-Week to meet your classmates. You’ll be spending a lot of time with these people in the coming months, so it’s a great time to start making connections.
- Get to know your campus: Take some time to explore your campus and get familiar with the buildings, facilities, and services available to you.
- Set up your student email and social media accounts: During O-Week, you will receive information on how to set up your student email and social media accounts (follow us on IG & FB to keep up to date). It’s important to do this early on so you don’t miss important announcements.
- Have fun: Most importantly, have fun! O-Week is a time to enjoy yourself and start building relationships that will last throughout your university experience.
O-Week is an important time for first-year students to transition into university life. With so many events and opportunities to get involved, it’s a great way to start your university journey on the right foot. So, make the most of this exciting time, meet new people, and have fun!